Winter Indoor Soccer
for grades 3-6
Begins January 10th
- Youth Winter Indoor Pickup Soccer is intended for players in grades 3 through 6th who are seriously considering playing Spring Soccer.
- Younger players will be teamed with and play against older more experienced players.
- Winter Indoor Pickup Soccer begins Saturday, January 10 and runs through mid-March.
- Players must have played In-House or Travel during soccer the Fall, Summer or previous Spring season.
- WHERE: Mercer Elementary School Gym
- WHEN: Every Saturday from 4:00-6:00 PM beginning January 10th. Winter Pickup will run through March.
- COST: Free for current MAYSA Club members. Registration and $10 for non-members.
- No weekly commitment, come when you can.
- Pickup teams form each week.
- Generally teams play two 6 minutes games (in a row) and sit one game.
If you are seriously interested in participating in Winter Indoor Pickup Soccer or have any further questions, please contact us at EmailUs@MercerSoccer.org.
- This is a more competitive "pickup" soccer. The idea is to have fun, get some "touches" so to maintain familiarity with the ball and game through the winter months as we await the Spring Season.
- MAYSA's Spring Soccer is intended for players in grades 3 through 11. Teams are formed based on a combination of age and experience.
- Registration Deadline, February 23, 2015. PA-West requires Club teams declared by March 1st.
- Spring Soccer season runs from April through early to mid June.
- Spring Soccer provides additional instruction, greater skill development and a more competitive soccer experience.
- Our Spring Soccer players represent their community and "travel" to play other teams from surrounding areas as part of our U.S. Youth Soccer's PA West Lake District.
- The pre-season often begins the last week of March (March 28th, 2015) with an early MAYSA hosted pre-season Spring Kickoff tournament at our home fields. Our U10 teams (ages 10 and under) host over 15 teams from surrounding areas for a day of great fun and soccer.
- The regular season includes 4 home games and 4 away games.
- The Spring Soccer season concludes in mid-June with the annual 3 day tournament in Edinboro PA hosting every level of play (U10 through U18). This is a great soccer experience and highly competitive tournament.
- Each player will be assigned a specific team and coach. Spring Soccer teams practice twice a week. Matches are held each Sunday afternoon.
- If registering for the first time, you must provide your child's birth certificate and photo. We are required to provide this information to PA West in order to complete the registration process.
- Cost: $65 per player and $17 for a Travel Jersey.
- Get league information on your phone by texting followmaysa to 84483
Still have questions about Spring Soccer, EmailUs
- If you need help with any portion of your online registration, please contact MAYSA's Registrar, Lynn Long, at LynnLongSoccer@gmail.com or (724) 662-0745